Chainsaw Carving Artists & Auction
Over 20 Artists in Action!
We will have 20+ chainsaw carving artists showcasing their skills throughout the festival. Many of our featured artists are Hoosiers, but we have carvers coming from Alaska, Alabama, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Wisconsin!
The carving action will be nearly non-stop with creations coming to life before your eyes! Check out the gallery of wood carving pieces below some of these artists have created in the past to get a feel for what you will see at our festival!
These talented artists will sell / auction off their creations, allowing you to take home a one of a kind piece of art!
Two different auctions will allow you to buy these works of art.
- Beginning at 12p on Friday and continuing through Saturday at 5p – via a silent auction. Proceeds from this auction will benefit the (FFA) Future Farmers of America!
- Sunday from 1p-3p, via a live, in-person auction with proceeds going back to the artists themselves, to support their great work!
- All pieces will have “Buy Now” pricing that will allow you to purchase art on the spot if you don’t want to test your luck in the auctions.
All art purchased in these auctions must be removed from the fairgrounds by 3pm on Sunday, August 29!
Chainsaw Carving Art Gallery
Below you will find image examples of art carved by artists that will be at our festival. Many of these pieces may be replicated and available for purchase… as well our artists will be creating new art, on-site during our event! So be sure to stop by and see what they are creating each day!
Chainsaw Artists – Sign Up Below
Calling all Chainsaw Carving Artists
Are you a skilled chainsaw carving artist? If so, we’d love to feature you and your work at the Hoosier Hardwood Festival! Here are some important items to know before you sign up…
The Hoosier Hardwood Festival will provide
- A 10′ x 20′ space (no tent provided)
- Logs for carving
- Exhibitor tickets
- Complimentary t-shirt
- Electricity (upon request within form)
All chainsaw carving artists must provide
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Leg, foot, hearing & eye protection required
- Chainsaw, blades, blow torchers & any other carving tools
- Certificate of liability insurance
- One carved log to be donated to the charity auction
- Tents are not provided, but could provide nice shade.
- Electrical hook-up is limited, so if you have a generator, please bring it for your electrical needs.
RV / Camping space available
Limited full and partial hookup RV / camping options are available via Marion County Fairgrounds at a discounted rate. Please indicate on the form below if you would like more information regarding RV / camping spaces.